Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: New Package for NonGNU-ELPA: clojure-ts-mode
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 13:25:49 +0000

Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev> writes:

> On 27/08/2023 15:57, Po Lu wrote:
>> Dmitry Gutov<dmitry@gutov.dev>  writes:
>>
>>> We could easily have more frequent releases, it's all in the hands of
>>> the maintainers, actually. Stability/velocity tradeoffs.
>> Producing another atrocity following the footsteps of Mozilla?  No
>> thanks!
>
> Releasing a new Emacs, say, even 6 month won't suddenly turn it into a
> crashing mess. But we would get more and faster feedback for new
> features and changes.

BTW. what is the current system by which releases are cut?  I don't know
if the maintainers have a schedule or some general plan for internal
usage.  If not, it really wouldn't make much of a difference if releases
are made every six months or two years.

What might be nice would be if the release-dates could take the
release-dates of popular distributions such as Debian into account,
avoiding as was now the case, that Emacs 28.2 gets added to stable.  Of
course, this is not an easy thing to do, but I guess if the release
procedure would be more transparent, akin to [0], it might help.

[0] https://release.debian.org/bookworm/freeze_policy.html