Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 13:35:02 +0200

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

> Anyway, are we aiming at making Eglot and LSP the only provider of
> refactoring in Emacs? If we aren't, then I think we should be working on a
> compatibility layer (which can be modeled after LSP's request/proposal
> mechanism) even if -- for the time being -- LSP/Eglot is the only
> provider. That move would inherit a lot of code from Eglot related to
> applying the changes, confirming etc, meaning those details would
> already be solved.

I also use js2-refactor, multi-cursor (mc/mark-all-symbols-like-this),
and helm-multi-swoop-projectile + C-c C-e for refactoring.

Is Python rope-mode still a thing?
https://github.com/python-rope/ropemacs
(there’s also an lsp for rope)

lispy--replace also provides refactoring, but locally.

And as far as i can tell projectile-replace-regexp does multi-file
refactoring, too.

Of these helm-swoop already gives a kind of preview (because it uses a "do
changes then apply with C-c C-c" model).

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein