Re: Choice of bug tracker

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Choice of bug tracker
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 22:07:06 -0400

  > That's what I was saying: if we encouraged the use of ELPA more, the
  > issue of our common bug tracker (and whether it's good or not) would be
  > a little less important.

There are more important reasons to put, or not put, a given package
in GNU ELPA or core Emacs.  It would not be wise to override them for
this.

(I presume you mean GNU ELPA.)

However, if we implement the proposed email responder that files
reports with another server, it could look at the package name to
decide which bug tracker server to file them in.  This wey we could
enable each packages to use its choice of bug tracker, regardless of
which category that package is in.