Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 18:45:18 +0300

On 31/08/2023 11:02, João Távora wrote:
I had seen this screenshot already. I think it is a very simple rename. If like to see how it handles clangd's move function to out-of-line action, for example.

Do you mean what's also commonly referred to as "Extract function"? Have you seen it in practice?

I've tried to find a pieces of code in several C/C++ projects where clangd would offer such action, but no such luck. Only "extract variable" in some places. And renames, of course.

"Extract variable" doesn't seem to offer any preview either, opting for a more snippet-like interactive UI where you're typing the name and it's updated in both places on the fly. Maybe wherever "Extract function" works (newer clangd? I have 15.0.7 installed), it would do the same.