Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding refactoring capabilities to Emacs
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:38:02 +0300

On 08/09/2023 21:35, João Távora wrote:
On Fri, Sep 8, 2023 at 7:25 PM Dmitry Gutov<dmitry@gutov.dev>  wrote:

That seems to rhyme with my proposal. Except instead of "done editing"
it will be "done reviewing" (though some rare users might engage in
editing the diff as well).
It doesn't rhyme at all, unless you really twist your ears.

What's wrong with C-c RET, easily typed ad as C-c C-m?  Or
just RET, for that matter?

RET is already taken. C-c RET is not as discoverable and doesn't match any other mode.

Also why should a discussion on refactoring capabilities have
to kick off with the proposal for the destruction of one of
the most longstanding useful shortcuts in diff-mode?

Because we have now a feature which uses diff-mode for confirming a refactoring?

Anyway, I don't understand the strength of your reaction, but I'm not going to push this.