Re: Shrinking the C core

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Shrinking the C core
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 03:06:57 +0200

Ihor Radchenko wrote:

> When such "mini-languages" are used too much, without
> a clear need, people not familiar with CL conventions will
> have harder time to read the Emacs source code - increased
> entry barrier for contribution.

If it is used in a bad way, like everything else used in a bad
way, it is bad.

But used in a good way it adds tons of expressive power to
our Elisp!

Stefan Monnier, they don't belive me. Regardless of whatever
else has been said and done, you tell them how awesome Elisp
CL is. Maybe it will land that way?

But it is true anyway.

https://dataswamp.org/~incal/vidz/misc/gaia-tuvan-sliced.webm

--