Re: Treesit Regression In ec4d29c4494f32acf0ff7c5632a1d951d957f084

From: Danny Freeman
Subject: Re: Treesit Regression In ec4d29c4494f32acf0ff7c5632a1d951d957f084
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 23:49:15 -0400

Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> writes:

> Duh, I can’t believe I completely forgot about this. Yes, this is exactly it,
> thank you for binging
> it up. Before tree-sitter can fix treesit_cursor_first_child_for_byte, I’ll
> just replicate the
> workaround and we should be golden. I’ve pushed a fix to emacs-29. Once
> master pulls from emacs-29,
> the problem should go away.

It took me a minute to connect the dots there, but that did seem to be
the cause. I just tried it against Emacs 30 with the commit in question
cherry picked and it works perfectly. Thank you for fixing it.

> BTW, I should’ve opened a bug report and move the discussion there. But since
> we are mostly done here, and there’s another bug report to refer to, there’s
> no need to do that now.

Understood. I probably should have started with a bug report but for
some reason sent my initial email to emacs-devel. I'll be better about
that next time I run into something in the core.

Thanks again for your help, all the best.
--
Danny Freeman