Re: [GNU ELPA] New package: tam

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [GNU ELPA] New package: tam
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 14:45:49 -0500

On 9/21/23 15:26, Richard Stallman wrote:

   > Thanks for taking a look.  The reason is that I was thinking about
   > adding functionality for pools of preallocated objects that leverage
   > the tables for tracking which objects are actually being used.

I don't have much of a picture of what you're using this for.
For all I know, maybe it is a good method for that use.

But it does seem un-lispy.

Agreed. I am interested in it, but I'd like to know more about what problem it's intended to solve. e.g. I've had functions that certainly do allocation and GC in a process sentinel, and AFAIK that hasn't been a problem. But a project I'm working on may exercise this kind of functionality more in the future, so maybe tam.el could be helpful.