Re: Lisp files that load cl-lib in problematical ways

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Lisp files that load cl-lib in problematical ways
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 22:27:32 -0400

What's wrong with using cl-lib in many files, for example abbrev.el ad
debug.el, is that each one is a step towards making Emacs depend
pervasively on cl-lib.

With each step in that direction, it becomes gradually harder and
harder to work on Emacs at all without being familiar with the CL functions.
That general dependence is the problem I want to prevent.

So I've decided to start fixing some of those files not to use the
run-time CL features..