Re: Native compilation unit tests failing since last weekend or so

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Native compilation unit tests failing since last weekend or so
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 21:29:48 +0000

Hello, Jens.

On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 21:10:38 +0200, Jens Schmidt wrote:
> I have been hoping these would go away ... on GNU/Linux, emacs-master,
> with "-C --with-native-compilation --with-mailutils", after make
> bootstrap:

Same here: I've been patiently waiting for them to get fixed, but
without taking the trouble to report them.  ;-(

> SUMMARY OF TEST RESULTS
> -----------------------
> Files examined: 498
> Ran 7568 tests, 7303 results as expected, 43 unexpected, 222 skipped
> 3 files contained unexpected results:
>   src/comp-tests.log
>   lisp/emacs-lisp/comp-cstr-tests.log
>   lisp/emacs-lisp/bytecomp-tests.log

> Am I the only one seeing this?

No, I see these, too.  Exactly 43 successes.

They seem mainly to be due to "fixnum" and "integer" getting confused in
some fashion, and things like that.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).