Re: seq.el and the complexity of Emacs Lisp.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: seq.el and the complexity of Emacs Lisp.
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2023 06:50:36 +0100

tomas wrote:

>>> Our convention nowadays is that any function/variable that
>>> has 2 dashes after the prefix, in this case
>>> seq--SOMETHING, is internal, and all the others
>>> are public.
>>
>> Are you only allowed to use some--private-function in the
>> same file where it is defined?
>
> You are allowed to do anything. But then, if you complain
> that the function calling signature has changed from under
> you, the author is allowed to tell you "told you so".
>
> Seems like a fair deal to me.

Yes, but if there is a convention in code, shouldn't one be
able to say about some piece of code, "this code sticks to the
convention"?

Also, saying that something is "internal" or "public" based on
a convention - then all the more reason to explain exactly
what the convention means - as, in terms of technology, they
are both as public, actually?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal