Re: combining cond and let, to replace pcase.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: combining cond and let, to replace pcase.
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:37:17 +0200

> From: Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de>
> Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:35:33 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > > And why is it always suggested that people not liking pcase are the
> > > norm and those understanding it well are the deviation from the
> > > norm?
> >
> > Who and where suggested that?
>
> That's how it feels on this side of the discussion.  Do I really need to
> prove this?

You don't need to prove how you feel, but I respectfully request that
before you make such feelings public, you double-check your feelings
with the actual postings.  It is quite possible that your initial
interpretation of what you've read was not the only one.  This is
supposed to be a rational discussion, not one based on feelings.

As a matter of fact, I'm not aware of any such suggestions in this and
other similar discussions, and if someone actually said that (which I
doubt), they don't speak for the project as a whole.  So let's drop
this part of the discussion, since it is nowhere near being
constructive.