Re: [ELPA] New package: dape

From: Daniel Pettersson
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: dape
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 11:09:15 +0100

For those of you asking for a "gud" (gdb-mi) like interface, I have
spent some time and effort to make that happen. I am not a gdb-mi user
myself so I can't really tell whats parts are missing for a gdb-mi
like experience, ontop of that I can't run gdb on my machine.

I would greatly appreciate some feedback on this change.

(setq dape-buffer-window-arrangment 'gud)
(setq dape-info-hide-mode-line nil)

Unfortunately there is no "real" integration with gdb-mi as I couldn't
find a way to decouple the UI from gdb-mi. It does however greatly
rely on gdb-table. And I took some liberties of keeping the tree
nature of the old variable explorer.