Re: Please, Restore Previous Behavior for jump-to-register

From: Steve Perry
Subject: Re: Please, Restore Previous Behavior for jump-to-register
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 09:22:22 +0000

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> writes:

> +1 for no RET, not even on overwrite, by *default*.

As a long time user of registers, I also find the current state
requiring extra RET keys to be very inconvenient, and I'm thankful for the
patches being offered that correct this.

I have no personal need for the preview behaviour but equally can see
how others may find it useful.  As long as there is an option to disable
the extra return key (and I don't mind what the default is - I'm all in
favour of better defaults for helping new users) then I will remain a
happy Emacs user.