Re: repo corrupted?

From: Sean Allred
Subject: Re: repo corrupted?
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 03:48:34 -0600

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:
> Git says
> remote: Counting objects: 393, done.
> remote: fatal: Out of memory, malloc failed (tried to allocate 205121 bytes)
> remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote side.
> fatal: protocol error: bad pack header
> 13:51:42 gnu-emacs $

No problem on this end fetching from either of these remotes:

    https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/emacs.git
    git@github.com:emacs-mirror/emacs.git

The repository is not corrupted. The issue is right there in the error
message:

    fatal: Out of memory, malloc failed (tried to allocate 205121 bytes)

It does admittedly go on to say there's 'possible repository
corruption', but this is just catch-all messaging. Git only asked for
200K of memory (like it says in the error) -- seems reasonable to me.

Whatever server you were fetching from was having problems. Try again.

--
Sean Allred