Re: SES manual French translation (Re: Where to contribute manual transl

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: SES manual French translation (Re: Where to contribute manual translations ?)
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2024 18:09:34 +0200

> From: Vincent Belaïche <vincent.b.1@hotmail.fr>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, "stefankangas@gmail.com"
>       <stefankangas@gmail.com>, "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>,
>       Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>
> Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 15:40:57 +0000
>
> >Even if they're tagged as @ignore, I'm not sure that's good practice
> >for potential translators to other languages.
>
> I did it this way, in order to keep both contents aligned and do not
> loose any contributed text, whatever is between « @ignore » … « @end
> ignore » anyway does not go to the output document, this remains only in
> the source code. Note that in addition of the « @ignore » I've put a
> TODO comment for the translator to know that there is some re-alignment
> to do.

I understand, but please don't do that.  Please move this to the
French translation, and if you need to copy the English text or have a
reference to it, that's fine.  The English source of ses.texi should
not have any text that is specific to some translation of it, it is
incorrect to do that, and we should fix that ASAP.

Thanks.