Re: LLM Experiments, Part 1: Corrections

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: LLM Experiments, Part 1: Corrections
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 07:14:49 -0800

1. code rewrite and prose rewrite just feel very different to me --
   starting with simple things like white-space formatting etc.
2. Code rewrites therefore require a different type of mental activity
   -- side-by-side diff, whereas prose rewrite are more about has the
   meaning being  preserved -- and that is not conveyed by ws as directly.
3. You're likely right about js parsing and follow-on steps as being
   "atomic" actions in some sense from the perspective of using AI as
   a tool, but I still feel it too early to connect too many steps
   into one because it happens to work sometimes at present; it'll
   likely both get better and change, so we might end up abstracting
   early and perhaps erroneously at this stage. So if you do
   pool/group steps -- eep that an implementation detail.