Re: Eglot cannot work with default completion-in-region?

From: Daniel Mendler
Subject: Re: Eglot cannot work with default completion-in-region?
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 11:23:33 +0100

sbaugh@catern.com writes:

[96 lines...]

> I would also find this useful elsewhere too - the fact that
> exit-function strips the properties is quite annoying, and the ability
> to transform the completion (possibly preserving text properties when
> inserted) would be handy.

FWIW both Company and Corfu preserve text properties when calling the
exit function as long as the completion candidate is unique or was
selected explicitly in the popup menu.

Duplicate candidates (with respect to equal) are kept in the
Corfu/Company popup menus. Duplicates are also kept in the Completions
buffer as long as their prefix or suffix annotations are distinct, but
unfortunately the distinction is lost, text properties are stripped, as
soon as a candidate is selected.

Daniel