Re: Add a function for building sort predicates

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Add a function for building sort predicates
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 03:55:38 +0100

Michael Heerdegen wrote:

>>> I consider this only as a start. With UI you mean
>>> customize? Anyway, the answer is probably YES.
>>
>> Even a simple data structure should be easier than
>> a full-fledged function.
>
> Not sure I understand what you are getting at.
>
> In my code example, the data structure is the specification
> of the rules in the call - a nested list, suitable for this
> task. We need something that makes the structure being
> "applicable" by `sort' - this is the function
> implementation. I'm probably misunderstanding.

Make a single function, "sort-this". If you send a data
structure that cannot be sorted just return it the way it is.
If someone comes up with a way to sort it it can be added.

So instead of the Unix "do one thing and do it well" it is "do
one thing that does everything".

(compute me)

--
underground experts united