Re: Moving which-key ELPA package into core - Re: discoverability, bette

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Moving which-key ELPA package into core - Re: discoverability, better defaults and which-key in Emacs
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 11:34:12 -0500

>>> Move the .el files from the ELPA package into lisp/ ?
>>> Manual entry- ?
>> Something like that.  Philip and Stefan will be able to describe the
>> details.
> Philip, Stefan, kindly provide some guidance on what work is needed?

There's no predefined way to do it.  The details depend on what you/we
care about (e.g. do we want to keep updating the GNU ELPA `which-key`
package in the future?  If so, do we want to do that by having
a separate upstream from which we "pull" both into `elpa.git` and
`emacs.git` or do we prefer to generate the GNU ELPA package directly
out of the `emacs.git` code? ...).

And most of it can be figured out along the way (i.e. fixed after the
fact), so I'd say to "just do it" and fix the problems you see as they
come up.

        Stefan