Elpa question: helping with maintainance of a package in Elpa

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Elpa question: helping with maintainance of a package in Elpa
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 16:57:40 +0100

I am helping Phillip to maintain his pabbrev package. He has given me write
access to his repository on GH, and I was able to update the package with few
patches It is currently just a "facelift" to skip compiler warnings when
installing.

Do I understand the information in readme file from Elpa repository correctly: I
don't have to do anything special more than just update Phillips repo for the
package on GH, since the Cron job uses that URL to update the package
automatically if the version is changed? Or do I need to do something more to
get the new version into Elpa too?

Since this is just a minor release; not new features, no changes in usability it
does not have to have "announcement" on this list, or do you always announce?

Thanks for the help in advance
Best regards
/arthur