Re: discoverability, better defaults and which-key in Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: discoverability, better defaults and which-key in Emacs
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 01:12:37 +0200

On 06/02/2024 04:49, Justin Burkett wrote:
What is missing is the note in the echo area that tells the user to
press C-h after a timeout (like 200ms or so) if they want help in the
middle of typing a key sequence.
True, but I think a message like that could be useful regardless of
whether which-key is active (i.e., for `describe-prefix-bindings`).

Right. :)

How about this?

Since echo-keystrokes is 1 second by default, which defines a significant timeout already, I think this can work without a yet another timer.