Re: Moving packages out of core to ELPA

From: JD Smith
Subject: Re: Moving packages out of core to ELPA
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:27:05 -0500

On Feb 17, 2024, at 8:55 PM, Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:

In fact IDLWAVE does still work and is useful for a small set of
users, it just does more harm than good in core, IMO.

Packages whose existence comes at the detriment of their host (Emacs) do
not develop this trait over time.

This strikes me as a very rigid perspective.  In my view, the costs and benefits of any capability of a system can ebb and flow over time, as the context in which they are evaluated changes.