Re: Adding Flycheck to NonGNU ELPA

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Adding Flycheck to NonGNU ELPA
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 01:21:03 +0200

On 19/02/2024 21:47, Bozhidar Batsov wrote:
My memory is fuzzy as well, but I recall some sparks here https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-12/msg00552.html <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-12/msg00552.html> I also vaguely recall that he didn't like the vibe of a part of the Emacs community and this was a factor in his ultimate decision to quit Emacs. It's a pity - for me he was a really great Elisp hacker and package maintainer.

But I'm not seeing the "attacks" here still. If the discussion is tense after he both states Flycheck's strict superiority and his firm decision never to contribute to Emacs, well, that's kind of expected.

But not to the extent that could explain the phrasing in his subsequent blog post (now long removed). I was puzzled; he never responded to my comments then. And yes, he's pretty great hacker, so it's all quite sad.