Re: I created a faster JSON parser

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: I created a faster JSON parser
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2024 20:58:56 +0800

"Herman, Géza" <geza.herman@gmail.com> writes:

> I think I did everything that was asked for, except Po Lu's
> parenthesis-related comment, because I still don't know what to
> parenthesize and what not to.  I saw a lot of "a + x * y" kind of
> expressions in emacs codebase without any parenthesis.  Are the exact
> rules documented somewhere?

Simple statements as above, which fit in one line, don't require the
extra parentheses.  The objective of these parentheses is to enable
indenting statements satisfactorily with CC Mode's indentation commands,
and so that such indentation does not give readers a misleading
impression of the statement's structure.

  https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Formatting