Re: Reproducers for recent Emacs security issues

From: Sean Whitton
Subject: Re: Reproducers for recent Emacs security issues
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 17:27:22 +0800

Hello Max, thank you for these.

On Sun 14 Apr 2024 at 11:41am +07, Max Nikulin wrote:

> Attachment content:
>
> ---- 8< ----
>
> #+startup: latexpreview
> LaTeX:
>
> \begin{equation}
> \newwrite\testfile\openout\testfile=\jobname.poc
> \write\testfile{PoC}
> \closeout\testfile
> A \to \textrm{/tmp/\jobname.poc}
> \end{equation}
>
> *Warning!* Change the math snippet before every test
> or remove the cached image.
> ---- >8 ----
>
> 3. Open message.
>
> LaTeX preview never worked in attachment inline preview.
> Check that a file is created in /tmp/
>      ls -l tmp/orgtex*.poc

Unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce this.
I expanded the inline preview but nothing appeared in /tmp.  If I saved
the attachment and opened it as a regular file, then the image gets
generated in /tmp and displayed in-buffer, but that's a different issue.

This is Emacs 28.2, btw.  Would you expect it not to work there?

--
Sean Whitton