Re: MPS experiment successful

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: MPS experiment successful
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:33:50 +0200

Björn Bidar <bjorn.bidar@thaodan.de> writes:

> After including sys/types.h instead everything builds fine.

I would guess that you didn't use --with-mps when configuring Emacs.
Sorry for not mentioning that. IOW, you can build that branch with and
without MPS.

To install MPS, the only way I know ATM on macOS is to build it from its
Github repo. But see some (very trivial) issues I submitted to the MPS
project on Github.

> What' the benefit of using mps?

For the user it means the end of GC pauses because GC runs concurrently
(in a different thread, on a different core).