Re: STatus of MPS branch

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: STatus of MPS branch
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 16:39:42 +0200

On Sat, Apr 20 2024, Gerd Möllmann wrote:

> There are many things other people could help with at this point. Some
> require no knowledge of MPS, or C. For example:
>
> - Make it work on anything not macOS.

I'm trying to build the igc branch on Debian.  But I get a SIGSEGV when
loaddefs-gen.el gets loaded.

I configured with:
  CFLAGS='-g -O0 -I/scratch/emacs/mps-install/include
-L/scratch/emacs/mps-install/lib' configure --enable-checking=yes --without-all
--without-x --with-mps=debug

and made some changes to igc.c as seen in the diff below; but those seem
rather innocent.

GCC still emits this warning:

igc.c:229:18: warning: ‘pvec_type’ is narrower than values of its type
  229 |   enum pvec_type pvec_type : IGC_PVEC_BITS;

Is this something to worry about?

Helmut