Re: Objed maintenance

From: Amy Grinn
Subject: Re: Objed maintenance
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 08:38:30 -0400

> Amy Grinn <grinn.amy@gmail.com> writes:

> I would say that after almost 3 years, enough time has passed that the
> maintenance can be passed on, ans since you have some experience with
> the package, there is probably no better person for the job right now.

Great, thank you!

> We should make sure that after switching the repository, new versions
> of
> the package shouldn't contain hard-breaks.  I only used the package
> briefly a few years back, so it is difficult for me to evaluate this
> on
> my own.  Perhaps someone here on the list has the package installed
> and
> could try out Amy's fork?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

There were a number of changes in version 0.8.3:

*** Add binding for symbol object "y"
*** Change binding for forward-until from "`" to "'"
*** Change binding for expand-block from "v" to "h"
*** Swap bindings for forward-defun ("E") and beginning-of-defun ("A")
*** Swap binding for del-insert from "i" to "c"
*** "i" exits objed
*** Swap binding for objed-last from "u" to "l"
*** Add objed-undo command "u"
*** C-g toggles objed activation
*** Swap binding for objed-object-map from "c" to "o"
*** Swap binding for objed-expand-context from "o" to "O" (capital "o")

In retrospect this should've been v0.9.0 according to the semver scheme
Clemens is using.  But we live and learn.

Philip, I am using an unpublished dependency called key-game, which I
wrote, which I thought might be useful for other modal editing packages,
or for large packages like gnus.  Anyways I will try to submit that
package for publishing on GNU ELPA before objed is updated.