Re: Building the igc branch on MS-Windows

From: Gerd Möllmann
Subject: Re: Building the igc branch on MS-Windows
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:38:17 +0200

Helmut Eller <eller.helmut@gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 25 2024, Gerd Möllmann wrote:
>
>>> ./src/emacs -Q src/xdisp.c -eval '(igc--collect)'
>>
>> I would start by investigating what stuff reachable from struct frame
>> is and is not traced, which depends a bit on the platform. Also font
>> stuff probably, terminals, scroll bar things (at least in NS I know
>> there is something), and I don't know what else.
>
> The problem was a corrupted font.  I added the code below and it now
> survives the first GC cycle.

Great! :-)

> In general, fix_frame must scan the same fields as mark_frame in
> alloc.c does. Is that about right?

Yes, plus it must also fix pointers to interesting objects, which
mark_frame doesn't need to do. LIke you did with the font.

(Some objects I ahve also moved to MPS, which were previously malloc'd,
itree_tree for examole, but I think I got these covered already
(itree_node, for example.))

> Since MPS wants the address of the fields (instead the value), some
> creativity may be required. Is that also right? Or can I stupidly copy
> what mark_frame does?

Basically yes. The address of the fields is only needed because MPS_FIX2
can give us a new address, which we then have to store where the
reference comes from.

(Consider your change pushed in 1s :-).