emacs-erc

Re: bug#68401: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6-git: `erc-cmd-GMSG', `erc-cmd-AMSG', `er

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: bug#68401: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6-git: `erc-cmd-GMSG', `erc-cmd-AMSG', `erc-cmd-GME', `erc-cmd-AME'. 2nd attempt
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 20:23:17 +0100

>>> Again, this is in the original `erc-cmd-AMSG'. I have no
>>> opinion, so you can decide it.
>>>
>>> "At most one space", what space should that be?
>>> Leading or trailing?
>>
>> Leading. See the test for `erc-extract-command-from-line'
>> to understand the behavior of `do-not-parse-args', which
>> determines LINE. Actually, if we're doing away with
>> `commandp', there should be no reason for "at most one,"
>> only "exactly one" (IIRC).
>
> So if and only if the initial char is a whitespace, it, and
> only it, should be dropped. E.g. " line string " should be
> transformed into " line string ".

(defun erc-drop-leading-whitespace (str)
  (if (string-match " \\(.*\\)" str)
      (match-string 1 str)
    str) )

If we can drop `erc--target' in the latest Emacs source as you
say that means there is only this left

  (and (erc-server-process-alive) (erc--current-buffer-joined-p))

If we again can drop `erc--target' and want
`erc-server-connected' to be returned upon success we can do

  (and (erc--current-buffer-joined-p) erc-server-connected)

If we unify those two tests it will be

(defun erc-connected-and-joined-p ()

--
underground experts united