emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] highlighting parts of the org file

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] highlighting parts of the org file
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 10:20:41 +0000

"l@tlo" <lists@traduction-libre.org> writes:

> I my org document, I add stuff like:
>
> @référence
>
> → to remind myself that I need to add a proper reference to what I wrote
> And I'd like to have that highlighted in my org file, like headers are, for
> ex.
>
> How do I do that?

You can try sparse tree (C-c / r). For example, we have a very similar
example in Org manual (but for FIXME indicating personal notes):

2.5 Sparse Trees

       For frequently used sparse trees of specific search strings, you can
    use the variable ‘org-agenda-custom-commands’ to define fast keyboard
    access to specific sparse trees.  These commands will then be accessible
    through the agenda dispatcher (see *note Agenda Dispatcher::).  For
    example:

         (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
               '(("f" occur-tree "FIXME")))

    defines the key ‘f’ as a shortcut for creating a sparse tree matching
    the string ‘FIXME’.

Alternatively, you can do M-x highlight-regexp
Or you can add font-lock-keyword to make Emacs highlight things for you
(15.13.1 Traditional Font Lock section of Emacs manual)
Or you can use inline tasks to indicate things to be done later.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,