emacs-orgmode

Re: [O] Question about org-latex-text-markup-alist

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: [O] Question about org-latex-text-markup-alist
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 10:22:30 +0000

On Tuesday, 22 Oct 2019 at 11:55, Pascal Quesseveur wrote:
>>"FE" == Fraga, Eric <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   FE> None, I believe.  There is a difference if you export to HTML, however.
>
> But is not org-latex-text-markup-alist just for latex export?

Yes.

> My question was to know in which case the code and the verbatim
> symbols were used in the latex export. If i want to get style verb
> instead of texttt in the latex export for text marked with == in org,
> do I have to set verb for code and verbatim, or only for code?

Ah, I misunderstood your question.  That mapping from symbols to meaning
is done by org-emphasis-alist.  Then each language provides the mapping
from meaning to syntax.

Specifically, as you will see in org-emphasis-alist, == is mapped to
verbatim and so you need to change the verbatim syntax in
org-latex-text-markup-alist.  ~~ is used for code.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.6-552-g8c5a78