emacs-orgmode

Re: Reposting Elgantt announcement

From: Jeff Filipovits
Subject: Re: Reposting Elgantt announcement
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 10:05:16 -0400

A quick question, however. My projects tend to be multi-year. Does the graphical presentation provide optional control of the date information along the top? We often use each year as a major divider with Q1..Q4 subdivisions for quarterly views of multi-year projects. Even just
years with month labels (JFMA...D) would be good enough but full
month/day breakdowns as you currently have in the demo would be
unwieldy/ugly.

Not currently an option but would not be hard to implement. Some of the code relies on the months to be displayed but they could be hidden in a text property somewhere. The vertical lines between months are important though, so there’s no way to get rid of those. Adding an option to hide the number line for the dates should not be difficult. If you gave me an idea of what you want it to look like I could figure out a way to make the top lines customizable in a way that could accommodate it.

--
Jeff Filipovits
Spears & Filipovits, LLC

All emails confidential to the fullest extent of the law.