emacs-orgmode

Re: Help debugging R source code block output problem with :session

From: Jack Kamm
Subject: Re: Help debugging R source code block output problem with :session
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 07:51:42 -0700

"Berry, Charles" <ccberry@health.ucsd.edu> writes:

> Also, I wonder if the `:results value' case can be handled in a similar
> manner, viz.
>
> -  (let ((tmp-file (org-babel-temp-file "R-")))
> +  (let ((tmp-file (with-current-buffer session (org-babel-temp-file "R-"))))

Yes, if we did that then tmp-file would have a prefix like
"/scp:user@hostname:", and elisp would then know to read the result file
from the remote host.

Before pasting tmp-file into R code, we should also call

(org-babel-process-file-name tmp-file 'noquote)

to remove the tramp prefix when referring to the file from R.