emacs-orgmode

Re: [org-save-all-org-buffers] Saving is not reliable?

From: Mikhail Skorzhisnkii
Subject: Re: [org-save-all-org-buffers] Saving is not reliable?
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 16:08:55 +0100

I found the bug. The bug was mostly my own creation. There was a small (but very destructive) bug in doom emacs distribution. Fixed that bug and sent them a pull requested: https://github.com/hlissner/doom-emacs/pull/4424

Basically I made a small snippet for agenda that makes side window of agenda staticly sized, really small and includes only very small portion of context related to agenda entry. And to correctly possition it in frame, I've used wonderful doom emacs popup syntax:

 (set-popup-rule! "^*org-agenda-side\*"
   :side 'top
   :size 0.15
   :autosave t
   :quit t)

Turns out :autosave ignores indirect buffers and sets buffer-modified-p state to nil. Hope this is the end of my quest, My previous solution was also very clunky.

Mikhail Skorzhinskii

an undo-boundary bug can make something unexpected get undone as part of a batch or make an org operation require two undos. the agenda is
one place where these bugs have existed.