emacs-orgmode

Re: Bring up a screen giving option to open a series of orgmode files

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: Bring up a screen giving option to open a series of orgmode files
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 17:27:33 -0500

On 2020-12-14 14:08, Jean Louis wrote:
* Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> [2020-12-14 15:55]:
Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> * Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> [2020-12-13 03:39]:
>> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>> hypothes.is
>
> I can install it on VPS which is definitely in plan. Locally I do not
> locally I have dynamic knowledge repository

I am actually just trying hyposes.is now (after you reminded me about
it). For me, the main advantage is not for pdfs, but rather the ability
to have pdf-like annotations in web-pages: highlights, comments, etc.
Combined with local ArchiveBox [1] storage, I can get annotations for my
local web archive.

[1] https://github.com/ArchiveBox/ArchiveBox

I have seen it, good tool and it makes sense to have one's own archive
as web pages really disappear. You reminded me of so many references
that it helped me streamline my workflows for soon future and new projects.

Hypothes.is as online instance is then useful for those online files,
and WWW pages, but the approach of having private archive and then
annotating such is even better. Still the hypothes.is is separate
dynamic knowledge repository for annotations. Different database,
different set of rules but same open hyperdocument project set of
principles. So I better stick to one database, not to two.

We are getting further and further afield from Orgmode discussion,
however I wanted to share the following article with anyone else who
followed this part of the thread all the way to this point:

How to annotate literally everything[0]
by karlicoss

There are quite a lot of other very interesting articles there as well
in the same (and related) veins.  Enjoy!

Cheers,
TRS-80

[0] https://beepb00p.xyz/annotating.html