emacs-orgmode

Re: export dispatch → change the default "Contents" string

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: export dispatch → change the default "Contents" string
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 16:35:59 +0000

Hi, jean-Christophe,

Jean-Christophe Helary writes:

> What is the parameter to change the default "Contents" ToC string when
> exporting to PDF ?

If I'm not wrong, I think there is no native Org way to change the
default string for LaTeX literals. But if you use babel (the LaTeX
package), you can add this command:

#+LaTeX_Header: \addto{\captionsenglish}{\renewcommand\contentsname{foo}}

That's the old way of doing it, and it still works. The latest Babel
versions also incorporate this other variant:

\setlocalecaption{language-name}{caption-name}{string}

for example:

\setlocalecaption{english}{contents}{Table of Contents}

NB: I strongly recommend using babel always for LaTeX, in any of its
flavors (pdfLaTeX, XeLaTeX, LuaLaTeX), instead of polyglossia, which is
a very buggy package. This package came up when babel didn't support
XeTeX and LuaTeX, years ago, but now it doesn't sense to use it.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel