emacs-orgmode

Re: New HTML exporter (was a feature request)

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: New HTML exporter (was a feature request)
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 14:17:00 +0800

Hi Tim,

> Probably what is needed is a new HTML exporter which is capable of doing
> what slimhtml does as the default, but includes the additional
> functionality already in the exporter which many people are using.

I think there may be some promise in the idea of rewriting (large parts of) the
current HTML exporter. The way that the web has changed over the last decade I
think we can now make some assumptions that can simplify things — for example
I think we could safely go HTML5-only.

Not something I have time to investigate now, but in a month or two (or
three 😛) I might take a look.

All the best,
Timothy