emacs-orgmode

Re: Bug: font-lock error with - in code-mode [9.4.6 (9.4.6-gab9f2a @ /gn

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Bug: font-lock error with - in code-mode [9.4.6 (9.4.6-gab9f2a @ /gnu/store/2pny4z6mbi2aybgzzxz0yrzkds7hbpmq-emacs-org-9.4.6/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-9.4.6/)]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 20:57:57 +0800

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Thanks!
>
> Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Should I also merge main with bugfix every time?
>
> You should merge bugfix into main, yes (but not main into bugfix.)

This patch is actually not good. It breaks nested emphasis like
/italic *bold* more italic/ and some other cases [1].

I feel that a proper fix should leverage org-element parser API to
determine the emphasis boundaries. However, I am not sure about
performance.

I am thinking to revert the patch and reopen (BTW, how to do it in
Woof!?) this bug report for now.

WDYT?

[1] https://orgmode.org/list/875yu4pc9m.fsf@localhost

Best,