emacs-orgmode

Re: Org Publish HTML and PDF With GPG Files

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Org Publish HTML and PDF With GPG Files
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 15:03:17 +0800

Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't think there is an 'out of the box' solution for this issue. Part
> of the problem is likely because the handling of the gpg decryption is
> an Emacs function done outside of org mode i.e. org-mode is not really
> aware the original file was an encrypted gpg file, it only see the
> decrypted version. This makes it hard for org to know which links ending
> in .gpg should be translated and which ones should not (for example, a
> link to an encrypted gpg file to be served by the web server rather than
> a link to another org file). This makes it a little challenging to come
> up with a solution which will work for all use cases.

I do not think that things are that difficult. org->html link conversion
assumes that the linked .org file is also exported generating the
.html file. If I understand correctly, .org.gpg files are also exported
during publishing process. (Lehi Toskin, could you kindly confirm this?)

Thus, we may simply extend `org-html-link' to work on .org.gpg files in
addition to .org files.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,