emacs-orgmode

Re: [BUG] org-element-cache [9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-766-gf3f60e @ /home/bo

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-element-cache [9.5.4 (release_9.5.4-766-gf3f60e @ /home/boudiccas/git/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 14:50:44 +0800

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble09.plus.com> writes:

>> You can then try:
>> 1. Run clean Emacs version by running "make repro" from Org repository
>>    and try to reproduce the issue.
>
> This created a new instance of emacs, which showed this in its
> '*compile-log*' -

Let me clarify what I was referring to.

"make repro" is supposed to create a new Emacs instance that is not
affected by your personal settings. Please try to open the problematic
file from there and then do what you usually do before you get the
warning appear. Let me know if it does or does not appear in this
scenario.

> ===
> lisp/org-macs.el: Warning: ‘buffer-string’ is an obsolete generalized
>     variable.
> lisp/org-macs.el: Warning: ‘buffer-string’ is an obsolete generalized
>     variable.
> lisp/org.el: Warning: ‘buffer-substring’ is an obsolete generalized variable.
> ===

> and also -
>
> ===
> For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
> Org mode version 9.5.5 (release_9.5.5-756-g1f1d8f.dirty @
> /home/boudiccas/git/org-mode/lisp/)
> Mark set
> Beginning of buffer [4 times]
> ===

This is not relevant and nothing to worry about.

>> 2. If you cannot reproduce, you can try to bisect your config using
>>    https://github.com/Malabarba/elisp-bug-hunter
>>    Also, see
>>    https://open.tube/videos/watch/4d819114-43bf-42df-af94-f94fc53dd0d9
>
> I used 'bug-hunter-file' on my main config and also my init file and it found
> no problems with either.

I referred to interactive usage of bug-hunter-file.
What I am asking you to do here is trying to perform action triggering
the error you reported. bug-hunter-init-file should help you to identify
which part of your config is the culprit. Then, you can report that part
to me. It will help to fix the problem.

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,