emacs-orgmode

Re: How to export a single subtree but include document preamble?

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: How to export a single subtree but include document preamble?
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 17:13:44 -0400

On 4/3/24 15:00, Richard H. Stanton wrote:
I just tried to export a single subtree from an org document to a PDF file:

1) Type  C-c C-e [org-export-dispatch]
2) C-s to narrow to subtree
3) l -> o to export to PDF via LaTeX

However, instead of exporting the portion of the file I want, I get the error
message

Undefined Org macro: newline; aborting

That macro is defined in a setup file that is #+included at the top of the
file, so exporting the entire file works fine.

I assume the problem is that when I export only one subtree, the setup file is
not #+included, and I can see it sort of makes sense, but it would be nice if
there were an option to include one or more lines from the preamble when
exporting just a subtree, since otherwise exporting a subtree doesn’t actually
work! Is there a simple way to do this?

I don't know if this does what you want, but I use a ‘PROPERTIES’ drawer right
below the subtree's headline and in that drawer, I put the following code:

:EXPORT_LATEX_HEADER_EXTRA: \input{latex-preamble.tex}

Scott Randby