emacs-orgmode

Re: [DISCUSSION] "quick-help" popup for org-columns (column view)

From: Sławomir Grochowski
Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] "quick-help" popup for org-columns (column view)
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2024 22:41:32 +0200

> I see no downside supporting `help-quick' command in Org mode's column
> view. Generally, better integration with Emacs built-in functionality is
> welcome.

Great. I'll be happy to take care of it.

But first, we need to modify `help-quick' to be more reusable.
I tried to do it, but I'm not experienced in elisp.
I wanted to remove references to global variables, so I did a wrapper
function to pass arguments to `help-quick'. I understand it's not a lispy way.
I would be grateful for your comment.

Patch in attachment.

JD Smith <jdtsmith@gmail.com> writes:

> Also recall we had a discussion in bug#68236
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2024-01/msg00124.html>
> about expanding quick-help to include mode-local
> personalized binding shortcuts (with org as a particular target of interest).

Thank you for the link I haven't seen that topic.

Regards,
--
Slawomir Grochowski