emacs-orgmode

Re: Using org-latex-preview in other major modes

From: Karthik Chikmagalur
Subject: Re: Using org-latex-preview in other major modes
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2024 23:36:26 -0700

> Thanks for taking a look! It indeed seems that caching will be the most
> work to properly implement. However, I'm quite happy to not care about
> numbers for now and make sure the other stuff works correctly first
> before tackling this.

Sure, this is a disproportionate amount of work for a minor feature.  I
suggest setting `org-latex-preview-numbered' to nil, FWIW.  The previews
look better this way.

> Besides `org-latex-preview-auto--maybe-track-element-here`, I was mostly
> talking about `org-latex-preview-live--src-buffer-setup` and
> `org-latex-preview-live--ensure-overlay`, which I think will be the main
> targets. The latter seems to be quite a straightforward translation
> (especially my current constraints of not caring about environments),

You can ignore `org-latex-preview-live--src-buffer-setup', this is for
previewing when using `org-edit-special' (C-c '), which does not apply
to any other major mode.  So `org-latex-preview-live--ensure-overlay' is
the only function you need to rewrite, which should be easy.

Keep us updated. Good luck!

Karthik