emacs-orgmode

MathML and ODT export: inline possible?

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: MathML and ODT export: inline possible?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 12:14:39 +0000

Hello all,

I am having (for my sins) to write some Word documents.  I don't even
have Word on my system but that's by the by.  The documents have some
mathematical expressions.  In the past, I have used LaTeX to create
images of these expressions (and hence my earlier post today).  But I'm
told this is no longer good enough.  Sigh.

So I've started playing with MathML and ODT export.  This is actually
working quite nicely although writing equations in MathML is ponderous
[1].

The question I have is: can I replace the link to a Math ML file (which
does work, as noted in the org info manual) with the actual Math ML code
inline within the org file?  If so, how?  I would rather not have
separate files lying around.

Thank you,
eric

Footnotes:
[1] exporting LaTeX fragments directly, via latexmlmath, does not
     actually work very well at all.  The text passed by org is wrong
     basically.  And latexmlmath gets easily confused, it seems.  I'd
     rather work with the MathML directly in the end.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.23-1320-g1be2f9 in Emacs 30.0.50