emacs-orgmode

org-babel: complete control over org-babel-execute-src-block behavior

From: Justin Veilleux
Subject: org-babel: complete control over org-babel-execute-src-block behavior
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 12:35:57 -0400

Hi. I'm currently trying to write a org-babel-julia backend and I am
having problems. The way I wanted it to work is by executing the code,
and then inserting the results block manually using
`org-babel-insert-result`. I would have passed either :output or a mime
type (such as application/org) to the julia function and received
correctly formatted (with the format function extendable from the julia
side) text.

However, as I understand it, the result of the org-babel-execute:julia
function will be modified by the org babel infrastructure (with regards
to the src block params).

Is there a way to bypass this so that I can offload the data
transformation as much as possible to the julia side?

Thanks.