emacsconf-org

Re: EmacsConf 2023? Re: Seeking feedback: Tentative timeline for EmacsCo

From: jman
Subject: Re: EmacsConf 2023? Re: Seeking feedback: Tentative timeline for EmacsConf 2022
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 15:56:53 +0200

>> [...] if you anticipate any issues with any of the dates or with the
>> proposed timeline overall.
>>
>>   CFP opens              June 13, 2022
>>   CFP closes             August 31, 2022
>>   Speaker notifications  September 30, 2022
>>   Schedule published     October 31, 2022
>>   EmacsConf 2022!        December 3 and 4, 2022

Last year I had the feeling that in the last weeks preceding the conf.things
were really hectic and the workload unbalanced for some members of the team.
While this is somehow endemic in conferences, my thought from my "10,000 ft
high" point of view is if there is anything that can be tuned to make things
easier on the team.

(Modulo the unavoidable and unpredictable last seconds rushes due to Thing X,
meant to be done 3 weeks before but for reasons Y and Z only finished the night
before the conference.)

Note: Last year I played a small role so I was not affected by the crunch. But I
also care that people don't burn out :-)