emacsweblogs

[Emacsweblogs] Re: weblogger problem (probably really a doc bug)

From: Mark A. Hershberger
Subject: [Emacsweblogs] Re: weblogger problem (probably really a doc bug)
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 14:41:08 -0400

Laura Conrad <address@hidden> writes:

> Now when I run weblogger-setup-weblog it asks me for the URL,
> and then the username and the password, and then asks for the username
> again and then tells me that my login is wrong.  Here's what's in *Messages*:

I found and fixed this and other problems.

Of note: the new version uses a different format weblogger-config-alist
so that if you have multiple configurations, you'll want to make sure
you save that data before running weblogger-setup-weblog again.

Due to confusion on my part, weblogger.el was mixed up regarding
categories vs. tags.  The new version supports tags, but not yet
categories.

Finally, I added a two hooks (webloggger-start-edit-entry-hook and
weblogger-pre-struct-hook) that can examine and/or massage the buffer's
before you begin to edit it and before the buffer is converted into an
XML-RPC struct.  I've customized them in my Emacs with the following
functions:

In weblogger-start-edit-entry-hook:

    (lambda nil (longlines-mode) (longlines-unshow-hard-newlines)))))

In weblogger-pre-strut-hook:

    longlines-mode-off

This sets longlines-mode on while I'm editing the buffer and turns it
off just before the buffer is converted to an XML-RPC struct.

For those who want the sources directly from VCS: I'm using Bazaar on
Savannah.  You can get the current sources using bzr:

    bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.nongnu.org/r/emacsweblogs

As before, Let me know if you have any problems,

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

Every day, mindful practice.  When the mind is disciplined, then the
Way can work for us.  Otherwise, all we do is talk of the Way; everything
is just words; and the world will know us as its one great fool.