emacsweblogs

Re: [Emacsweblogs] Maintaining the same blog on two servers

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [Emacsweblogs] Maintaining the same blog on two servers
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 20:42:15 -0500

On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 14:20 -0500, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
> Ted Smith <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I've been totally blown away.
>
> It's all part of my secret plan to get more contributions to
> weblogger.el et al.

It seems to me that it would be a lot better to have the configuration
support groups of blogs natively, instead of having a hack going through
each blog and posting to it. This way, you could have more than one
"logical" blog hosted on more than one blogging server each. If I get
the skills and the time, I might try to implement this. I will
definitely feel welcome to. :-)

> >> If you (or anyone else) is interested, I'll show you how you can
> >> store them in a separate file that is optionally GPG-encrypted.
>
> > I'd definitely be interested.
>
> I'm planning to write up a weblog post on this (something like a primer
> for Elisp programmers on the correct way to handle passwords in Emacs)
> and maybe contribute back some documentation to help direct developers
> and users to this information.
>
> So we'll consider this an overview from the user side of things.
<snip>

Thanks! I got this error the first time I tried this:

> byte-code: Opening output file: integer-or-marker-p, nil

in emacs 23 (emacs-snapshot in Ubuntu karmic), but when I removed
the /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/easypg directory as per the debian bug
report[1], encrypting it to my key failed (for some reason). Symmetric
crypto worked fine, though.

[1]<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=503480>